Thursday, April 9, 2015

Through this process we have met the occasional person that has nothing but negative things to say about us adopting. It seems in recent that those people are increasing in number and I felt like people should know a few things about adoption (or at least ours).
1) We weren't ready!
       So many times God's plans differ from what we think is right for us. We wanted to wait until we could afford to adopt. We now know that if we waited until everything lined up and was the perfect time to adopt we never would have. God has used this to teach us to trust Him in all things. Every fee has been paid and much of the money wasn't there until the day before it was due.
2) I don't feel equipped!
       I am a stay at home mom of three young children. I home school the older two. We have a farm where we grow primarily wheat and millet that takes a good portion of my time during harvest. I wanted my kids to be a little older so they could help around the house more. If God brings you to it He will bring you through it. In the short amount of time since we started the adoption process my kids have gotten better at helping around the house, keeping things picked up, and doing school with fewer arguments. God has shown me that dependence on Him makes my days a lot easier to get through.
3)Sometimes I want to quit!
      In my moments of human weakness I want to just quit! When people have nothing but negative to say, there is a fee coming due, and paperwork got sent back because it wasn't just right I want to quit. Then, I remember that beautiful little girl sitting in an orphanage without a mommy and daddy to love her. I remember this is God's plan not my own and if I lean on Him He will be faithful to give me the strength and endurance to make it through. God has already put love in my heart for her and I know it will continue to grow as we continue this process and finally meet her and then finally bring her home officially as our daughter.

I'm sure I could list more if I had more time to sit here.
Whether you are in full support of someone's adoption or are against remember to think about the stress they are going through and that many times they are being attacked by satan! Pray for that family. Pray for wisdom and strength. Many families are called to adopt and it may not be the most opportune time. By answering God's call these family allow God to build them, mold them, and teach them many, many lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment